Renaissance Helmet of Alfonso Piccololomini di Firenze.
Italia. Morrion del siglo XVI con el escudo de armas del bandolero Piccolomini.
Alfonso Piccololomini di Firenze. Count of Montemarciano, also known as “King of the Maremma”, “wild man” and “the priest Guercino.” He was a mercenary who then became a renegade and an outlaw, leading for years a group of bandits, until his capture and successive execution. His possessions in Montemarciano were confiscated by the Pope, while those in Siena were seized by the Grand Duke of Tuscany.
Alfonso the famous outlaw (born 1551 in Siena, executed 1591 in Florence) came from the influential Italian noble family Piccolomini from Sienna, Tuscany, who posed several Popes. His father was Jacopo Todeschini Piccolomini Duke of Monte Marciano (Giacomo Duke of Montemarciano), Great-grandson of Giacomo Todeschini-Piccolomini and Camilla Monaldeschi, Grandniece of Pope Martin V. his mother Isabella was the daughter of Nicola Orsini, Count of Pitigliano (1510 – 1594). The Orsini are a widely ramified Roman aristocracy family, originally known as Bobonen, who played a major role in Italian history between 1100 and 1900. From the Orsini family came three Popes, 24 Cardinals and numerous other high ecclesiastical dignitaries as well as secular princes. The family still exists today and belongs to the European aristocracy.
Source: Galería del Arte Decorativo: Enciclopedia Universal de Trajes, Armas, Muebles, Arquitectura, Útiles Domésticos y Ornamentación de Todos los Tiempos. Editor: J. Aleu Fugarull, Barcelona 1824.
Louis XIII. Ancien Régime. Renaissance, Baroque, Tudor fashion era.
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380. (Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic)
- Reigns’ of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461. (Medieval, Gothic, Burgundy)
- Reigns of Louis XI, Charles VIII, and Louis XII. 1461 to 1515 (Medieval, Burgundy, Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis I. 1515 to 1545. (Renaissance, Tudor)
- Reign of Henry II. 1547 to 1558. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis II. 1559 to 1560. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Charles IX. 1560 to 1574. (Tudor, Renaissance, Spanish court dress)
- Reign of Henri III. 1574 to 1589. (Renaissance, early Baroque, Spanish court dress, Tudor)
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643. (Renaissance, Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715. (Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774. (Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1780 to 1789. Le Pouf. Fashion in the Ancien Régime.
- The Reticulated Headdress. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- The Hennin. Headdress 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- Costumes de Noblesse du 14ème siècle. Histoire de la mode médiévale.
Noble anglaise. Mode féminine du Moyen Age. 13ème siècle. 13ème siècle.
- Gabrielle d’Estrées, mistress of the French King Henry IV. 16th century, Renaissance.
- Henri de Lorraine, duc de Guise. France 16th century. Huguenot wars.
- Madame de Pompadour. Her political power and general influence to Louis XV. Rococo era.
- 15th century medieval room interior. The history of Tobit. Historia Scholastica.
- The Corset and the Crinoline. Fashion history. From ancient until 19th c.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History.
- Les Modes de la Renaissance de l’an 1461 à l’an 1574.
- Characters of The Commedia dell Arte. Italian Renaissance Theater.
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- On the history of costumes. Fashion gallery from ancient until the 19th century.
- King James I of England, son of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.
- The Gunpowder Plot. England history.
- Mary Queen of Scots England history.
- The character of Henry VIII. Tudor King of England.
- The reign of Elizabeth. The days of Queen Bess.
- Tudor Queen. The offer of the crown to Lady Jane Grey.
- Queen Mary, the daughter of Henry VIII.
- Sir Francis Drake. England history.
- The english boy king Edward VI. England history.
- Relics associated with Queen Elisabeth. England history.