The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Beauty by Lauren Stowell & Abby Cox.
Seventeenth and Eighteenth-Century Fashion in Detail by Avril Hart & Susan North.
The History of Modern Fashion: From 1850 to 2010 by Daniel James Cole & Nancy Deihl.
Embroidery designs from France National Costumes 16th to 19th century.
- 1.2. Child’s bonnet with cloth appliqué. Ariège, France 19th century.
- 3. Knitted child’s oversock. Brittany, France 19th century.
- 4. 15. 17. Women’s bodices of silk and velvet embroidered with silk, gold thread and sequins, Département Ain early 19th century.
- 5. 6. Embroidered baptismal bonnet. Brittany, France 19th century (no. 5 with gold embroidery).
- 7. Embroidered child’s bonnet. Auvergne, France 16th century.
- 8. Man’s waistcoat neck embroidery. Brittany, France 18th-19th century.
- 9. Processional child’s bonnet. Brittany, France 18th century.
- 10. Child’s fabric slipper with gold embroidery. Brittany, France 19th century.
- 11. 13. Ornamental wooden shoes with straw weaving and wool embroidery. Brittany, France 19th century.
- 12. Man’s waistcoat silk embroidered. Brittany, France 19th century.
- 14. Woman’s apron embroidery. Brittany, France 18th-19th century.
- 16. Velvet and cloth embroidery. Brittany, France 19th century.
Source: Palais Chaillot (Musée de l’Homme) Paris, France.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton, Sølve Sundsbø.
Chanel: The Complete Collections of spectacular clothes by Patrick Mauriès.
Tom Ford. 21st century glamour of style and sensuality by Tom Ford, Bridget Foley.