The Interior of the hut of a Mandan Chief.
Interieur de la Cabane d un Chef Mandan. Das Innere der Hütte eines Mandan Häuplings.
From the book: Maximilian, Prince of Wied’s Travels in the Interior of North America, during the years 1832–1834″ by Prince Maximilian of Wied. Illustrator: Karl Bodmer. Engraver: Martens. Published by Ackermann & Cie, 96 Strand, 1st March 1841.
Associated to: History of the Indian Tribes of North America
- Encyclopedia of American Indian Costume by Josephine Paterek
- Traditional Clothing of the Native Americans. With Patterns and Ideas for Making Authentic Traditional Clothing, Making Modern Buckskin Clothing and a Section on Tanning Buckskins and Furs
- Identity by Design: Tradition, Change, and Celebration in Native Women’s Dresses
- Plains Indians Regalia & Customs
- Native American Clothing: An Illustrated History by Theodore Brasser
- Ritual and Honour: Warriors of the North American Plains
- Costumes of Japan and Java.
- Historical Asia costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Costumes of all countries by Alexandre Lacauchie 1850s.
- Historical and folk costumes by Franz Lipperheide.
- The costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire 18th century.
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- Traditional French national costumes.
- The Switzerland national costumes of 17th – 19th century originals.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Mexico by Carl Nebel 1836.
- Provincial Russia. Costume and Culture.
- Costume of the Russian empire by Edward Harding.
- Serbian national costumes by Vladimir Kirin.
- Historical European costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- The Highlanders of Scotland, 1870.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Views of Darjeeling: With typical native portraits and groups.
- Africa, the landscape and the people 1931.
- Historical costumes from Africa, America and Oceania.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.