Woman from Siena, wearing a horned shaped hennin. Italy 13th century.
Siennoise en 1300
Horned Hennin, ribbons and veils. The top dress with round neckline is made of precious damask and at the edges richly decorated with gold-embroidered fabric ornaments. The long wide sleeves that reach to the hands are covered with fur cuffs. The belt is worn high on the waist. The hairline is drawn far above what distinguishes a high forehead. The round décolleté is adorned with a heavy gold chain.
Source: Costumes historiques pour travestissements par Paul Gavarni (Guillaume Sulpice Chevalier 1804-1866)
The Fabric of Civilization: How Textiles Made the World Paperback – December 7, 2021
by Virginia Postrel (Author)
From Neanderthal string to 3D knitting, an “expansive” global history that highlights “how textiles truly changed the world” (Wall Street Journal)
- Les Modes du Moyen Age de l’an 1037 à l’an 1461.
- Fashion and costumes from Ancient times until 19th century. Gallery
- German fashion in the 15th century. Men’s Dress. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- German medieval clothing in the 14th century. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- Italian 14th, 15th century fashion history. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- German fashion in the 14th century. Women`s & men`s dress. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- Medieval fashion history in Germany. 11th to 13th century.
- Fashion under the Reigns Charles VI., and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461
- Fashion under the Reigns of Louis XI., 1461 to 1515. Late medieval, Renaissance
- French Fashion History 12th to 14th century. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- Medieval Caps and Hoods fashion. 11th to 15th century.
- The Reticulated Headdress. Headdresses history, 15th century.
- Medieval shoes 10th to 15th century.
- Costumes and Fashion during the 15th century.
- The Corset and the Crinolin fashion history
- The Romance of the Rose. The Art of courtly love.
- The Lady of Tournament delivering the Price. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- King Henry VI. and his court. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- Margaret of Anjou Queen of Henry VI. and her court.
- The Limerick Mitre. Dresses and Decorations of the Middle Ages.
- The influence of the Crusaders to the French clothing. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- The First Crusade. The Knights Hospitallers. Medieval, Burgundy, Gothic,
- The Crusades. The Knights Templar.
- The Crusaders in the 12th and 13 Century.
- The principality of Antioch. The crusades. Map of Syria. Historical Maps and places.
- Troubadour and page in the 13th century.
- Costumes and Fashion from ancient times until 19th century. Gallery.
- Gabrielle d’Estrées, mistress of the French King Henry IV. Renaissance fashion era.